For orange curry paste:
Half a cup sundried tomatoes (not in oil)
250g baby tomatoes
1 red onion
2 inch piece of ginger
1 lemongrass stalk
4 cloves of garlic
Chilli flakes, to taste
Handful sunflower or pumpkin seeds
Salt, to taste
A generous glug of olive oil
Water, as required
1 can coconut milk
1 pack tempeh, chopped into small chunks
4 mixed peppers, sliced
400g sliced water chestnuts, drained
270g thin soba noodles
- Put all the ingredients for the curry paste (bar the coconut milk) into a blender and just enough water for a smooth paste.
- Transfer the orange curry paste to a wide saucepan and cook out, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until you cease to smell red onions.
- Add the coconut milk and mix through, cooking for a further 10 minutes or so.
- Add the tempeh & peppers & continue to cook on a low heat.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Add to the orange curry together with the water chestnuts and toss through.
- Serve warm, garnished with coriander and red chilli.